IPB expects that the impacts of the conference will be in many fields and at several levels. A successful event will
- Increase the level of public debate
- Broaden the community of activism
- Require politicians to respond with policy proposals
- Encourage students and researchers to develop academic work in the areas highlighted by the Congress.
Additional effects could include
- New membership applications for the IPB itself
- New partners in the GDAMS/GCOMS effort
- New funding partners
We are setting up a logical framework within which to analyse these various outputs and the indicators to enable us to measure them.